Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Moving, Losing, and Fast Food

No plans on when I will be moving yet. Hopefully I will be back in Michigan before Christmas. I grossly underestimated how much the stress level in the house would increase with my planning to leave. Actually, it's the finding another nanny part that's stressful for everybody. We're all getting along well, and I have agreed to stay on until they find a suitable nanny/au pair for the baby.

With the whole quitting the job and moving thing, I have realized just how much I gave up to come here. For one thing, I don't have a car. Secondly, I have no furniture. And then there's that whole finding somewhere to live thing. Strangly, the thing I'm least worried about is finding a job. It cost me a whopping $100 to move here. It's going to cost me an easy $10K to move back. Obviously I didn't major in math.

I've lost 8 lbs. and 5.5 inches in a month. And to celebrate, I had Wendy's for dinner. Nice huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Wendy's sounds AWESOME. Yum!

Feel better about yourself...I'm thinking of you!

12:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! How is it gonna cost $10K to move back to Michigan?

1:52 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Go with your gut, I say! Well... I guess figuratively AND literally.

Yeah, I'm wondering about the moving cost discrepancy too. Hang in there!

3:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home