Saturday, September 16, 2006

14 More Weeks...

Yes folks, I'm already counting down how many more weeks of school until the end of the semester. Sad, I know. Classes are going pretty well. I'm struggling a bit in Spanish, but I think that's just the way it is when you learn a new language.

I'm loving my job more and more each day. The child I watch is an absolute doll and we have so much fun every day. I'm glad that I'm not working at the Center right now. Though I do miss it, I've heard that it is absolutely chaotic there and the boss is getting worse by the day. The word going around is that I ditched the Center at the last minute to take a better oppportunity. Which is absolutely false! My friends from the Center have been calling me and asking what's up, so I've been able to explain it from my side. As for the better opportunity, I love my job right now but I'm making about 1/3 as much as I would at the Center, so the better opportunity thing is a load of crap.

The man has started his job, I'm not sure if he likes it or not. He doesn't really talk about it that much. We're both still adjusting to all of the changes that happened. We're settling into a routine though so it's not as tense now.

I guess that's about it for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Rewards from a job are not necessarily monetary. I personally think where you are IS something better than where you were. However, it sounds like the story circling around is a bit "off" of the facts. But, what is really important? You have a great job now doing something you love, and regardless of the pay, it seems to be the better deal. Congrats on a great decision!

4:36 PM

 
Blogger Idaho Dad said...

I used to count down days and weeks until things would change, and now I wish I hadn't done that.

I spent so much time looking forward that I forgot to enjoy the here and now. It took me a long time to figure that out and I'm much happier for it.

Having said that, I do understand what a drag school can seem. Glad to hear you like your job!

3:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home