Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Winter is a comin!

Most people would call this season Fall. But not us up here in the Easter Upper Penninsula of Michigan. No siree, it's pre-winter. Now don't get me wrong, we still have 4 seasons up here......Pre-winter-(September thru October), winter-(late October thru April), post-winter-(May-June), and summer-(July-August) It's currently 45 F here and it's only going to get colder from there. I don't particularly like this weather. It's too cold to really go out and do anything Fall-ish, but it's not cold enough to do winter stuff yet. Quite the conundrum batman! I'm just waiting for the day when I wake up and a thin layer of ice all over my car. Then I get to heat my car key with a lighter and hope that it gets hot enough to melt the frozen lock. Gee, I can't wait. 2 good things about winter though, my birthday and Christmas! Unfortunately, 3 days after Christmas I'm having my wisdom teeth cut out of my jaw.

Okay, that's enough rambling about pre-winter for now. I'm gonna go make some hot cocoa and curl up under a blanket because I refuse to turn on the heat before the end of October.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Wow - and we're in the 90's! We won't see chilled temps like that until probably February!

4:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home