Monday, November 12, 2007

Giving Birth is Hard

how's that for a "duh" statement? Charge's aunt's water broke at home at 2:30am. When it broke she hadn't even had her first contraction. Long story short though, I ended up with the Aunt at the hospital while Charge's mom took her to go get Charge's grandma so grandma could be there at the birth.

We got to the hospital around 3:15am, they set her all up, got the IV in, yadda yadda yadda. Then they walked out of the room and we chatted. Then the first contraction hit. She freaked. Screaming "I can't do this! I can't do this!" over and over. She pulled her IV out, attempted to get up, wobbled, grabbed my hand to catch herself and well--my wrist isn't built to support a 5'4" 9 month pregnant woman in hysterics. I hear a pop, I let out a yell, nurses come in and see blood-(from the IV), me in tears, Charge's aunt in hysterics, and a wrist that would make anybody go "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew."

Yeah, my wrist was dislocated. The Dr. popped it back in and did an x-ray once Charge's mom and grandma got there. No broken bones, just dislocated--though I don't know which is worse at this point.

Happy Monday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Yikes - that was some tug she gave you I guess!

So, what was the result of the labor? Boy? Girl?

3:41 PM

 
Blogger The Library Lady said...

OUCH!
This is why FATHERS are supposed to be around for childbirth!

Yeah, boy or girl?

12:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home