Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Memorial Day always sneeks up on me every year. I've had issues with memorial day for quite awhile. It's a day to remember those who died in the line of duty. Fighting for our freedom. So why do most people have BBQ's, get togethers, and go to the parades so their kids can get candy? These things really annoy me. I don't go to BBQ's or get together's on memorial day. That's not honoring the men and women who died in the line of duty.

My immediate family has multiple people who served in the military. Some who died in the line of duty, others who made it back from overseas & lived their lives until passing away from natural causes. Those who made it back were changed forever. Just talking to them you can see the pain in their eyes of traumatic memories.

So with that being said, I would like to list my family members who have served our country:

1. Jeffrey Billings - Marines - Living

2. Kenneth Wyman - Army - Died of natural causes

3. Harold Dopp - Navy - Living

4. Richard Goff - Army - Died of natural causes

5. Keith Goff - Army - Died in the line of duty

6. Larry Goff - Navy - Died in the line of duty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home