Monday, April 14, 2008

For Judy

Okay, here's the details:

1. It's a live-in nanny position for an infant who is due in September

2. Both parents are medical doctors

3. I will be flying down for a face to face interview at the end of May or early June. The flight is at their expense.

4. They've stated multiple times that they really like me and that I am the most qualified out of all the nannies/au pairs they've looked at.

5. It is 40-45 hours a week with opportunities to babysit

6. It's 95% that I will get this job

7. I will have a car to use provided by them

8. I'm really excited!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

That sounds AWESOME! It was just so shocking to see that post and no other explanation the other day. HAHA! Congrats...can't wait to hear how all this pans out!

4:06 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

Awesome and I can visit you because my brother and sister in law are moving there to attend law school at Emory. :) WHOOOO HOOO!!

6:20 PM

 
Blogger Madeline Pierce said...

This sounds like a great opportunity!
I just want to warn you about the pitfalls of live-ins (I don't recall if you've done it before or not).

1. Make sure that you agree before hand about when you are working and when you are off.
2. Be wary of the new Mom - a lot of people decide they simply can't go back to work after having their baby, and then, oops, you don't have a job.
3. Living with the kid means you'll probably get very attached, which is awesome. Just make sure to respect the parents' relationship with their child to avoid jealousy situations.

It can be a tough thing to navigate, but I'm sure you'll be awesome. In fact, are you doing anything in 5 years? I'm going to be needing a nanny myself.

9:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home