Monday, April 21, 2008

Yo Gabba Gabba!

This post has nothing to do with the show referenced in the title, it's just what's on TV right now. Anyways, onto my life:

1. Ears had allergy testing last week and is officially allergic to milk, peanuts, eggs, and fish. Yeah, it's been interesting feeding her lately since she loves eggs, tilapia, and yogurt. In fact, that's just about all you can actually get her to eat without a fit. And I got a crash course in infant epi-pens. Yep, never a dull moment in my life.

2. I went to a conference this weekend to present my senior thesis poster. It was erm...interesting. Pretty much the only people who were interested in the posters were the professors. The other students there just went off in their little groups and gossiped while pointing at us northerners. While there I attended 6 paper presentations. Some of them were really good, some were mediocre, and some were absolutely horrible! Not to be mean, but a few of those students had no idea what they were talking about.

3. Smiley's mom is the same as usual. Disrespectful, rude, and annoying.

4. Goober has her ballet pictures tonight. Her mom can't make it so that leaves me to get her dressed and do her hair + make-up. Oh yeah, her mom is very particular about how she looks in her ballet pictures. Add to this that I will have Smiley as well, and Smiley's mom is notorious for not feeding him before dropping him off. So I will be managing Goober's outfit/makeup/hair while trying to feed Smiley. On top of all of this, Goober's ballet teacher is a witch. I hate her. Last time I had Smiley in the dance room because we were watching the kids performance-(which is what we'll be doing tonight) she asked me to "shut him up" because he was babbling too loud. I talked to the dance teacher last week about my not being in the room while the kids performed and she told me that I HAD to be in there. Goober is okay with my not being in the room. I get the feeling tonight is going to be very stressful.

5. I'm flying to Atlanta in June for a face-to-face interview. It's 95% that I have the job right now and if the face-to-face goes well I will definately have the job.

6. I graduate in 12 days. Holy crap. 12 days.

I think that's it for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Library Lady said...

MAKE-UP? On a little kid? For BALLET?
!!!!

Sorry for the ire, but my daughters' ballet teacher flatly tells the parents NO makeup--even for recitals.That teacher really IS an idiot. Poor little Goober!

Hey, wanna fly to VA and do MY girls hair for their recital in June? :)

I think the job news is wonderful and I'm looking forward to hearing about graduation. Wow, Jen!

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Judy said...

Congrats on being SO CLOSE to the end - can you smell it yet? :-)

3:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home