Sunday, August 10, 2008

Looks

With the string of no-shows, the multiple interviews that my boss has done, the reactions of the interview-ees when boss tells them what is expected of them, and the demands of the interview-ees-(higher pay, gas milage reimbursement, set schedule), have made me look like a pretty darn good sitter.

Bummer that it took boss over 2 years to figure out that I'm NOT THAT BAD and that she's a nitpicking type A control freak perfectionist. Okay, she probably doesn't realize the part about her, but she's realizing the part about me. But I'm still smiling on the inside. There's a part of me that feels bad for her. Then there's a part of me that just wants to go "HA!!!!! Serves you right!" I won't do it, but it's fun to think about sometimes.

Remember that comment she made a few months back, the one that went something like this:

"Maybe I can finally have the kind of nanny I've always wanted."

Yeah, well I got the follow-up to that yesterday with this one:

"Maybe you're as good as it gets." *insert raised eyebrows and pursed lips from current nanny* "Not that you're a bad sitter or anything like that." Nice save there hon, nice save---NOT.

Okay, I'm off to enjoy the carrot cake I made yesterday--and gloat on the inside, because that's just the way I am.

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

And YOU DESERVE IT. She probably still doesn't fully understand what a blessing you've been in Charge's (and her) life.

8:51 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Well, I'll say it:

"HA!!!!! Serves her right!" knit-picky, type A, razzem frazzem.....

10:11 PM

 
Blogger The Library Lady said...

She'll probably be telling the next sitter "Well, JENN used to..."

She's a twit who doesn't know how good she's had it!

3:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home