Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Monday

I'm 3 days into the work week, and it's been hard. The rundown:

Monday: DAY OFF!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! I took full advantage of having the day off and partied it up on Sunday night. Crawled into bed around 3:30am, nicely buzzed and relaxed. I was off in la la land when I heard Mozart. Realizing that it was my ringtone, I felt around for my cell phone until I found it, in the back pocket of my jeans, that I was still wearing. As I answered the phone I glanced at the bright red numbers on my alarm clock, 8:02am. I grunted a hello and was greated with my boss's sunshining voice on the other end. My day off was no more, I was to meet her at the office in 10 minutes to pick up Goober because boss had an 8:30 meeting. *sigh*

I originally had the day off because the new sitter was flying solo that day. She was a no show, no call, and her cell phone was turned off.

On my way to the office to pick up Goober I got a text message from the MIA sitter. She was sick, and wanted to know if I could watch Goober that day. What she failed to mention in the message was that she NEVER CALLED or TEXTED Goober's mom!!!!!

I picked up Goober at 8:15am, in my clothes from the night before, smelling of the bar. No bra, no shoes, and I realized later that I didn't even have my driver's license with me. Yep, I looked reeeeeeeeeal professional. Couple my look with the fact that MIA sitter texted me and NEVER spoke to Goober's mom that morning, and I had a pretty pissed off boss on my hands.

Unfortunately, my plan's for Monday included going to the laundromat, going grocery shopping, going to Wal-Mart, going to the recyling plant, going to the bank, and packing. I'm sure that list is just what EVERY 7 year old wants to do with their nanny. Due to the fact that I literally had 1 t-shirt left, the laundromat was a must. Additionally, the bank was a must because I needed quarters to do laundry. So I showered and we headed out.

3 hours later I had an extremely bored 7 year old on my hands-(I packed all of my art supplies/kid games/kid books/etc.)-and was $20 poorer. $15 for laundry and $5 to play the pinball machines at the laundromat.

So that was my day off. Lovely huh? Tomorrow, tune in for the adventures of Tuesday. Otherwise known as the rainy, cloudy, 15 hour day of boredom.

I live an exciting life people, try to keep your jealousy in check.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home