Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Be Tough

That's kind of my motto as of late. The other title was going to be "suck it up" but then I thought better of it.

Last Friday morning, a short 30 minutes after I arrived at work, I got the dreaded "we need to see you in the office immediately." message. I went in and 20 minutes later came out in a IwannacrybutIcan't mood. No, I wasn't fired. I was essentially demoted. I'm being moved to another classroom because in my current classroom I'm "mean" and I "don't enjoy my job" and I'm "not cut out to be a teacher." Ouch. So they're moving me to a classroom with fewer kids, smaller ratios, and--oh yeah--instead of being a co-lead like I am right now I will be an assistant.

So after a weekend of being upset, angry, in denial, and some soul searching, I went back to work on Monday. Interesting thing happened, a teacher in the same room that I'm in called a child a retard twice--in front of the whole class--too the child. Now generally I'm comfortable with talking to co-workers when I have a problem with something they did. But this was beyond that realm for me. I let the boss know. The boss talked to this teacher. And the rest of the day sucked because this teacher was pissed at me.

So I get through Monday, go in on Tuesday and she's still not talking to me. Yay. Make it through Tuesday-(she went home at 1 because she was 'sick')-and get a phone call Tuesday evening telling me one of my friend's has died in a freak accident.

So last night was a whole lot of crying with breaks for sleeping. I didn't work today. I'm a little better now, not by much though. And I'm back to work tomorrow.

Yep, be tough, that's my motto. 2 more days and I can let it all out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

Wow, if life is a series of peaks and valleys, I'd say you're in a valley right now. I certainly hope your days improve!

Really, called the kid a "retard"??

So sorry about your friend. I lost a best friend to a freak accident too. Hurts.

11:12 AM

 
Blogger Bone said...

I'm so sorry about your friend.

Hang in there. Things have to get better, right?

11:28 AM

 
Blogger Judy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. (((HUGS)))

Are you sticking it out at this center, or are you looking for work elsewhere? It doesn't sound like a terrific place to work...

1:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home