Thursday, July 16, 2009

Light at the End of the Tunnel?

So I've written about things that happen at the center, especially my room. This week the boss came to me and asked me if I was interested in moving to the young toddlers room come fall. My first instinct was to shout a resounding "YES!" but I didn't. I didn't because in thinking it through, this may not be a simple room switch. Here's why:

1. The room I am in right now I am a co-lead. At least that's my title, that's not really how it goes. I'm treated as an assistant. I'm talked down to and bossed around by the other co-lead teacher. She regularly makes comments such as "It's my room, we need to follow my rules." and "I expect my room to be cleaner, step it up." Yet she doesn't clean or follow through on her own rules.

2. Moving to the young toddler room means big changes for the people currently in there. There's 3 co-leads in there currently. Unfortunately they don't have the credentials to BE co-leads. The plan is to move me and 2 other teachers into the room to be the new co-leads because we have the credentials to be co-leads. The current co-leads would essentially be demoted to assistants.

3. The room I am in now, my co-lead is having a baby in December and taking 12 weeks for maternity leave. Currently I am the only other teacher who has worked in a lead position in that room.

Lots to think about, lots of decisions to make, lots of things on my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home