Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Little of This, A Little of That

This post has no real rhyme or reason, just a mish mash of random happenings in my life. Enjoy!

School was in session today, so I only had to work my normal hours :) 3.5 month old is doing much better, he only needed one breathing treatment today. I did sit in the steamy bathroom with him because he was starting to wheeze a little bit after a crying jag. Unfortunately, the weather has just gotten worse so they're considering closing school again tomorrow. In addition to a possible school closing-(which means 3 kids for me)-I agreed to work late tomorrow night. So I am quite possibly looking at a 14 hour day, with 3 kids, and no break. I should just open a daycare.

I have a take home exam to write before Tuesday. I generally like take home exams--they're easier to do and you can use your books. This professor has counteracted that however, he is still letting us use our books, but the exams can be no shorter than 15 pages. It has to be at least 20 for a B grade. Now in all fairness to him, this is a graduate level class, and he is a very fair professor in terms of grading and expectations. But seeing as how I am in 2 of his classes it basically means that I will be writing a 20 page exam every other week. Wish me luck!

The weather sucks. I did a 360 in my car today while trying to stop. I was going between 15 & 20 mph. Thankfully there were no children with me, and no cars in the opposite lane. Stupid town apparently doesn't know what sand/salt is. Add to that the fact that my landlord STILL hasn't come to look at the fridge and I'm really starting to hate this town. Anyone who wants the snow can have it--and all the shoveling/driving/bundling up that goes with it. Just show up and take it, nobody will care.

That's the news from the arctic. I'm off to venture into the blowing snow in order to clean out my car. Send a search party if I don't come back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

WOW! 360,that is no fun...although my dad made me do those before he would let me get my drivers license in Iowa...that was kind of fun! Thanks for the info on the gall bladder...wish his job weren't so hands on, he is a mechanic/tow truck driver...ugh! :) He thinks he is going back to work the next day, UGH! :)

10:53 PM

 
Blogger Judy said...

Take care of yourself, girl, okay? Hope the kids are bearable tomorrow, and may the bull$hiT juices flow when it comes time to write those papers!

10:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home