Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Week of Learning

My week was tiring, but fullfilling. I learned many things, panicked about the work load a few times, and adjusted to only getting 6 hours of sleep a night.

My classes are going to be intense, but satisfying. The 2 graduate level classes are by far the hardest, but yet I look forward to them because they require the students to actually think and be involved. One of my graduate classes is a seminar, the students take turns leading a discussion about various readings. We are graded on our ability to lead the discussion and keep the students interested. I came to the realization after the 2nd day that it is harder to keep a college student's attention that it is a preschooler's. Should be interesting :)
My other graduate level class is a lecture class, but the professor makes it interesting and the material is intriguing. As for my last 2 classes, the business class is going to be a cinch. Right now we are spending 3 weeks on grammer and punctuation. The last class is B-O-R-I-N-G. The teacher is a complete push over. The exams are multiple choice with 10 questions a piece, and he let's you retake exams as many times as you want until you get at least a B. In other words, you can't fail.

Work has been a learning experience. The 5 year old I watch is reading like a pro. She tries to read everything, we write and draw all of the time. She has recently gotten into painting, because she got a new easel-(chalk board, a ream of paper, a dry erase board all in one)-for Christmas so we spend a lot of time doing that. We have been cooking together a lot more which makes for quite a mess but it is fun and she says the craziest things when we cook together. The 3 month old I watch is just a happy little baby. He is always smiling unless he's hungry and I am always talking to him. Just this week we started having 'conversations.' If I say something he will coo and then look at me and wait for me to say something again. It's really cute :) He just melts my heart every day because he smiles as soon as he sees me. He is tracking objects quite well and we're working on rolling from side to side. He's beginning to reach for things too and the main reason he hates tummy time is because he can't reach the toys in front of him because his arms are what's holding him up.

All in all it as been a busy, but fullfilling, week. Unfortunately I have to end this post now because I have homework, laundry, and shopping to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Wow, those kids sound like a dream - how come I never got to babysit kids like that??? LOL

The good news about the boring class is it will be over in a mere 4 months! YAY!

9:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home