Sunday, July 08, 2007

It's July 8th Already???

Where does the time go????? First of all, I have to say HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY to my nephew Ira. I haven't seen him in a few years but I still remember his birthday :)

No final decisions have been made about next summer yet. I'm still in limbo about the whole thing. Will let you know when I decide.

The university I currently go to decided to scrap the early childhood education degree. They aren't phasing it out or anything, they're just firing all of the professors in the program, shutting down the child development center, and getting rid of the program altogether. I haven't been able to get a straight answer from anybody about whether or not I will be recieving my degree in early childhood education next year. The school's claim is that it will no longer be a recognized program so they can't give degrees out for a program that isn't recognized by the school. My objection to the whole thing is that I have completed everything for the degree and could have recieved it this year but decided to wait another year so I could finish my psychology degree and just get both degree's at the same time. We'll see how it pans out, but I have already been in contact with my family attorney because I am livid about the whole situation. I didn't go to school for 5 years to be jipped out of a degree. You can be sure I will fight it till the end and I will get my degree in early childhood education, one way or another.

Other than that nothing new here. We're experiencing some massive thunderstorms so everything in the house is unplugged, except for the computer right now, since they've stopped for the time being.

Keep safe everyone, and have a great week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Oh I would DEFINITELY get some answers about your degree program. I don't think they can do that.

let us know what happens!

7:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home