Thursday, September 20, 2007

Homework

Okay, so I'm not used to having homework assignments. I really haven't ever had that many homework assignments while in college. Usually it's, "here's the syllabus, keep up with the readings, show up on test day." My professors have never said "read chapter 4 for Tuesday, that's your homework." Now, in one of my classes, we have a 'homework assignment' every Thursday that is due the following Tuesday. Last Thursday the assignment was this:

2 parent chicken's both have NN genotypes. They have 2 chicks. Diagram successive genotypes for the next 4 generations to have both chicks produce 2 offspring each who both have nn genotypes. In addition, you cannot 'marry' both chicks to 2 rooster's who have identical genotypes.

Go ahead and try it, I dare you. This Thursday's assignment is:

Write a short essay-(4 page minimum)-explaining, in scientific AND laymens terms, why the action potential of a cell will only move from the soma to the terminal buttons, not the other way around, in a fully functioning mammal of your choice. Include figures, diagrams, and any other methods you deam fit. Include a title page and a reference page written in correct APA format. Site all sources.

There goes my relaxing weekend. So, who wants to explain this to me? Anybody??? Anybody??????

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

While last semester you might have been able to get an answer out of me...this semester, it is offically been removed from my brain due to the fact I am not in that class anymore. Did I mention my professor GRACIOUSLY gave me a "C"? I didn't deserve it...but it was given to me. I am normally an "A" student so this was a little bittersweet!

7:34 PM

 
Blogger Judy said...

Egads, it has only been, what, TWENTY YEARS since I took any kind of biology college course? you're on your own, sorry!

9:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home