Friday, September 07, 2007

Breathe

If you know me at all, you know that I despise being told what to do. Oh sure, it's created a few conflicts-(okay a LOT of conflicts)-in school, with friends, family, and various other people throughout my life. But it is who I am and it's one little part of my life that feel in control of. Which is why I am seathing at my doctor right now. I went in for a simple prescription refill, that's it..just sign a few papers and I'm good to go. But no, she brings up my weight. Now, I know I'm fat. Everyone who sees me knows I'm fat. It's no secret, I'm not oblivious, and I'm CERTAINLY not stupid. Long story short, she put me on a damn diet. Gave me a bunch of pamphlets on the foot pyramid, eating fruits and veggies, eat less & exercise more. All that stupid stuff that I already know.

Now I know I need to lose weight. I've known that for a long time. I'm glad that she's a thorough doctor who goes over everything and acts as though she's generally concerned for my well being. What I hate is the fact that I'm being TOLD to eat a certain way, exercise a certain amount per day, and what kind of exercise I need to do. *sigh* I'm mad. Plain and simple, I'm mad. I'm mad that in 3 months I have to go back for a 'weigh in.' I feel like I have a big sign on me that reads:

"Fat cow slimming down, stare at me"

yeah yeah yeah, I know it's irrational and stupid and childish and immature. But I don't care. I don't like being told what to do...and now I'm being told what to eat, when to eat, how to exercise, when to exercise, blah blah blah.

I'm gonna go sit down and eat my apple now, because I can't have ice cream AT ALL. Blasted diet, stupid doctor. Someone needs to develop no calorie ice cream, cause dammit I want some!

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Okay, that would pi$$ me off, too. How's the no smoking going? (unrelated...just asking!)

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

OOOO you make me giggle...I hate being told what to do as well...even more than that, I hate being told I'm not capable of doing something! That is a DIRECT challenge to me. DIRECT!

10:55 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

well...

Now, I'm not sayin' it works for everyone, but I just went to the doctor last week and I lost four pounds. The only thing I've done different between my visits with her was to drink copious amounts of Captain Morgan and Ginger ale.

I'm just sayin...

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home