Monday, September 03, 2007

September Update

Just a few things going on in my life:

Foot: The bone in my foot has completely healed. The sprain is almost healed, it aches from time to time but overall it's back to normal.

School: School starts for me in 2 days, and I am more than ready. Case in point, my backpack is already packed with my books, pencils, pens, calculator, highlighters, & notebooks for day one.

Friends: I've seen a number of my friends over the past few weeks. 2 of them came up to visit and I went to see 2 others who live an hour and a half away. The 2 I went to see are expecting a baby in 3 weeks. It's a girl and they are very excited! Her name is going to be Marina Lorraine. I will post pictures when she's born.

Work: Work is going well. My charge goes back to school tomorrow. I have a rant about the public school system around here and their lack of organization. I will save the entire rant for another day. Papers were recieved by parents-(emergency contact papers, health papers, what teacher the children have been assigned too, lunch menues, etc.) on Friday. School starts on Tuesday. The school isn't having a "Meet & Greet Your Teacher!" until September 11th. It really doesn't make sense to me considering school starts on the 4th! It should be an interesting week, if nothing else. I'm picking up my charge from school on Tuesday, yet I have no idea where her classroom is.

That's about all I can think of. Have a great week everybody, and Happy Labor Day!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

We had a before school meet the teacher night to take our school supplies in with Travis, but we didn't get any paperwork until the first day of school. Last week was spent shuttling different stacks of paper around the district. ACK!

4:20 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

We got to meet our teacher before school but we did not have a meeting with the teacher/parents until THREE weeks into school. I was VERY upset over this as I believe to be informed is the best way to stay sane!!

Glad your foot is better...you should go to see a massage therapist...just for fun, you deserve it! :)

6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home