Sunday, September 09, 2007

I Do Have To Say...

This only working 3 days a week thing is kinda nice. I have this wonderful thing called free time. This week I was kind of excited about it, excited at the idea of having a few hours to do nothing but play video games, paint, & just generally lounge around. Now that I'm at the beginning of the next week, I'm left wondering, where did that elusive free time go? It seems that it was gobbled up by homework. Hmmmm....

In light of this discovery, I have come to the conclusion that the less busy I am, the worse my time management skills become. I mean, when I was working 40 hours a week & taking 15 credits last semester I was on top of it all. The house was mostly clean, the laundry was done weekly, all homework was done on time-(for the most part)-and I showed up to work on time every day. Perhaps a busy schedule forces one to use their time management skills that they didn't know they had.

So, I'm left pondering. Do I schedule my free time accordingly? Or do I just go with the flow and try to enjoy it as much as possible? Thoughts anyone?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Being a list girl myself, I schedule my free time. I don't schedule stuff IN my free time (because then it isn't free time), but I do schedule "free time". Does that make sense?

2:25 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

I think scheduling works better for me especially when I actually follow the schedule. I need to know when I should do things...kids snacks for example, they are welcome to snacks but if I let them, they would eat them all day...we schedule one at 9am and one at about 2 pm (after we pick up siblings from school)...reading to the kids, playing games, if I schedule them it is less likely I will sit on my rear end and waste my day! That's my 2 cents.

2:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home