Monday, August 13, 2007

Thank you

Thank you so much Judy and Bone. I appreciate the kind and supportive words :)

Today has been a rough day. I feel miserable, I know it is the process of my body ridding itself of nicotine and my brain craving the nicotine. Knowledge is power, but it still feels the same.

I will do this and I can do this. Though I do intend on buying myself something with the money saved--the money thing isn't really motivating me much. I have money socked away in the stock market, CD's, money market account, and a roth IRA--so there's money if I need it. I can't just get it whenever I feel like it, it is purposely set up so that it is a 3 months process to remove any money from those account.

More than anything it's my health that is the motivating factor. I watched a video on YouTube, you can find it here. Even if you're not a smoker, watch it. It is powerful and heart breaking. I never want to put my child through that---ever. I watch that video whenever I have a craving. I've watched it about 10 times since I quit. Every time it brings me to tears, but it's worth it if I don't smoke.

Thank you again, I will post again soon. My foot is doing better BTW. It aches, but it's not too bad.

Jen
---
2 days 14 hours and 15 minutes smoke-free,
25 cigarettes not smoked,
$6.31 saved,
2 hours and 5 minutes of my life, saved.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Jen, that is a very emotional and moving video. I actually had Travis (almost 8) watch it with me - Scott's uncle just died of complications from smoking (he rotted from the inside out basically). Lots of questions, but we have lots of answers for him. Thanks for posting that link.

6:31 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Good for you. You can do it!

(I saw your comment on Katrina's blog and always like to meet other Jens.)

12:11 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Sorry. It was Phil's blog.

12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home