Thursday, August 23, 2007

Took a Little Trip...

Seeing as how I was told, at the last minute of course, that I had another week off I decided to take a little trip. I went to my mom's house for a few days. Despite being $400 short from not working for 2 weeks, I justified it by telling myself I HAD to get out of this house and relax at my mom's lake front house for a few days. So I went.

It was enjoyable, busy, hot, and far from relaxing. The first thing she did when I arrived was hand me a list of 'jobs' she needed done. *sigh* The first job on the list was mow the lawn. Not a big deal, right? Well, she has 4 acres of land...that's roughly 3 1/2 football fields. It took me a few hours, but I did it. That was only the beginning. Other things on her list included: fetch the canoe from the middle of the lake, put in the living room ceiling, clean out the AC unit, catch the ginormous wood chuck that's been eating her plants, and remove a fallen tree branch from the old garage roof.

That last one was a little tricky. I climbed up on the garage roof to assess the situation, climbed down, got the truck, tied the rope around the tree and then hooked it onto the truck, got in the truck, and floored it. The tree came off the garage....but so did part of the garage roof. Oops. I guess my next job is going to be fixing the garage roof. And I'm not allowed to drive her truck anymore. I've decided not to go visit her again until it snows, that way I won't have to fix the roof :) Whoever said blonde's aren't smart????

5 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

You are hilarious...you seriously need a vacation. Come visit us and I won't even make you help with the kids! :)

10:25 AM

 
Blogger k8 said...

wood chuck???!!!! are you freakin kidding me?!!!

10:05 PM

 
Blogger Judy said...

Aw, glad it was a good week, even in the deroofing process!

11:55 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, but then you'll have to shovel snow! :)

10:20 PM

 
Blogger Bone said...

How did you manage to fetch the canoe? I mean, did you swim, or was there some other more creative way?

6:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home