Monday, January 21, 2008

Frustration

So I'm sitting here in the library computer lab trying to do my homework. I open the program I need to use in order to complete my homework and it tells me that the trial period has ended & that the software needs to be installed and payed for before it can be used.

WHAT THE HELL????

I pay the technology fee. Why is it so hard for them to put the necessary software on the computers? Yeah, I know it's expensive. But damnit, I'm paying $4000 a semester to go here. I mean, the CLASS BOOK uses Dreamweaver 2004, but yet we don't have the software on any computer available to students on campus.

The software is in one lab for certain, but it's part of the business department and the door is locked unless there's a class in there. So, what am I to do? This homework is due on Wednesday. My home computer doesn't support the software, or something like that. I tried downloading a 30 day trial last night. Even if I could download it, it's only for 30 days--the semester is way longer than that. I refuse to buy it, it's $400.

Grrrrrrrrrrr. Yeah, it's Monday

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Oh, I would DEFINITELY be letting the lab know this was unacceptable, and then I would talk to the professor and get their muscle behind the issue as well. You pay good money for those services; they need to provide them.

12:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home