Sunday, May 17, 2009

Making the Pieces Fit

When I started this job, I knew it would take a little while to become acclimated to the new environment. What I didn't count on was that I'd be still acclimating 3 months later.

I'm like a piece of the puzzle that doesn't quite fit. My edges need to be ground down, reshaped, and polished before I fit in the puzzle that is 'the work crowd.' I sit here wondering when my piece will fit, or even if it will fit.

I've spent a lot of nights trying to figure out how to make my piece fit, how to get into the puzzle, how to make it work. I haven't found a way yet, I want to find a way, I desperately want to, but nothing has come to light yet.

Acclimating is not easy. I don't want to acclimate for another 3 months. I hope I don't need to, but if that's the case, then I guess that's the way it is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

It took me just over a school year at my preschool to start to feel like I fit in. Give yourself some time.

9:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home