Friday, July 13, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and the Stressful

Good Stuff:

My sister and brother-in-law were up from Florida last weekend and stopped to see me. It's been over a year since I've seen them so it was nice that they decided to come up :)

My job is going very well. A few weeks ago I almost lost the job due to my inability to set an alarm clock properly. But it's all good now and I'm back in the good graces of my boss. My charge and I have been doing a lot of things in the past couple of weeks. We baked bread, made butter, made and decorated sugar cookies, made dirt & worm pudding, went to the city history museum, played putt-putt golf, and we've been going to the local library for their summer reading program every Thursday. In the past 3 weeks she has read 60 books on her own, with no prompting from me at all. I'm very happy and proud of her because there was a period of time when reading was "boring" and trying to get her to read was like pulling teeth.

The Bad:

2 months after I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years and I am just now beginning to deal with it. The emotional rollercoaster has been hell and I am just absolutely worn down from keeping so many balls in the air. I have so many unanswered questions and though my ex and I have a talking relationship, the answers to my questions are not forthcoming.

The Stressful:

Tuition was increased by 9.3 percent today. That's going to make my tuition bill over $5000 for the fall semester. Add to that to lack of financial aid-(I'm not eligible, my parents make too much)-and all of my scholarships have expired-(they were only good for 4 years) and I'm left footing the entire bill. Time to turn to the bank of mom and dad.

Update:

The school reversed the decision to terminate the program I am in for at least another semester. This means that I am in the clear to get my degree. :) Even though I didn't do anything, I still feel like it's a victory for the program.

I guess that's about it for now. I have to go get ready to go back to work in 30 minutes. Relay for Life is today and tomorrow so I'm "on-call" for the entire night. Have a great weekend everybody!

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Glad to hear the degree is still intact! YAY! Even if it means you have to spend money out the wazoo to get it.

Maybe him not being able to give you answers IS your answer. It lets you know where you stand.

10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home