Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Broken Foot Story-In Bullets

Putting kids in car
-what I was doing when I broke my foot

Stepped in a crack, foot went one way, couldn't balance, fell on top of foot
-how I broke my foot

2 hours
-time it took for me to get ahold of a backup sitter for the kids-(parents of said kids were an hour away on a boat trip but could not come back because they were drunk)

Pop, crack, "FUCK"
-what it sounded like

3
-phone calls I made to parents of kids before I finally got a call back

2.5 Hours
-time I spent in the ER before I was looked at

4
-number of x-rays done on my foot

$74.00
-cost of my pain killers, that insurance DID NOT cover

0
-number of crutches I was given

1
-number of canes I was told to BUY myself because I am not allowed to put full weight on the foot

3
-days off of work I was given by my boss

Way too many
-hours I have spent playing video games in the past 2 days

15
-number of stairs I have to navigate to get from my apartment-(on the 2nd floor)-to my car.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Library Lady said...

Oh, Jen, how awful!

And boy can I sympathize because I did the same when JR was about 3. Stepped badly and broke my 5th metatarsal.

Be glad they didn't put it in a full cast and tell you to put NO weight on it. That happened to me and we have 2 flights of steps outside our house and another inside!

Here's hoping for a quick healing!

4:25 PM

 
Blogger Judy said...

I know they already told you this, but stay off of it as much as you can - otherwise it takes FOREVER to heal.

Thinking of you - bet this isn't he vacation you planned on!

5:08 PM

 
Blogger Bone said...

Ugh, I did NOT like being on crutches when I tore up my ankle three years ago. I'm sorry :(

What video games are you playing? :)

6:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home