Sunday, September 30, 2007

Irony

Here's the deal. I have a major biopsychology test coming up on Tuesday. I've had this professor before and his tests are killer. By killer I mean that in the past I walk into the test feeling confident, finish the test, feel that I got at least a B, get the test back and find out that I didn't do as well as I had hoped, study like crazy for the next test, and still get a lower grade than I expected. Then there's this test. I'm not feeling at all confident going into this test. For the first time in my college career, I feel that I may not pass a test. I've studied like crazy, gone over the notes, written practice essays, etc. etc. etc. Now for the ironic part of the situation.

Test coming up = need a good nights sleep so I can study hard and have a crisp, clean mind to remember the information.

Stressed about test = Not sleeping well

Tired = more stress because I'm not retaining the information

Stressed about not retaining information = Nightmares about test

Nightmares about test = more stress about not passing said test

So, I find it a bit ironic that the more stressed I am about getting a good night's sleep in order to study for this test, the less sleep I actually get.

Yeah, irony sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home