Sunday, September 23, 2007

Look What I Found

I found her while I was driving home from work at 3:30 this morning. I was at a 4 way stop and she just came right up to my car and was really friendly. I figured since she was so friendly that somebody had lost their dog and I'd be able to reunite her with them. Well, after 4 hours of pouring over newspapers, calling the police department, and driving around town looking for lost dog poster, I've had no such luck.

The animal shelter isn't open on Sundays, animal control only operates 2 days a week for 4 hrs. each day, and I absolutely will not put her back on the streets. So I guess now I have a dog--that I'm not supposed to have. Let's just say my landlord is PISSED. She told me I had to get rid of it--I will find somewhere safe for her, it's just a matter of I have to wait until Monday to do it.

I'm thinking about asking my mom to take care of her until May when I'm out of this apartment. I'm just too damn attached now that I cry everytime I think about taking her to the shelter. Maybe it's because she's in such bad shape. The picture doesn't really show it but she's really malnourished, missing TONS of fur, she has trouble walking. She doesn't seem to be in pain. She's resting peacefully right now and she's been very alert today. She won't eat anything, which is worrying me. I'm hoping that she will soon.

Anyways, wish me luck with this one. I'm not really sure what I should do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Jen, you have such a kind and tender heart. That puppy obviously needs you right now. Sorry the landlord is a pain about the puppy thing, though. She's a cutie, though!

4:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home