Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Gay

I'm sure you've all heard about J.K. Rowling announcing that Professor Dumbledore is gay. Let me preface this post with the statement that I have never had an issue with the homosexual lifestyle nor people with a homosexual orientation. My issue is with J.K. Rowling. How dare she throw something as debate ridden as homosexuality at innocent children who were simply at a question and answer session. I firmly believe that homosexuality, along with sex education, and drug abstenance should be learned about from ones parents. Not some high on her horse author who has some great books. Shame on her.

I honestly believe that this 'outing' was sad attempt at keeping her books in the popular media a little bit longer. I mean, the latest book was the last of the series. Time will tell if it is a series that will withstand the test of time.

Shame on you J.K. Rowling, for taking that road. Let me remind you, Ms. Rowling, that Dumbledore is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER. Part of the joy of reading fiction is creating the characters in ones own mind. Thanks for taking that away from countless children who enjoyed your books.

That is all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I totally do not see Dumbledore as gay. And you're right - it is a fictional character...why can't we draw our own conclusions????

12:57 AM

 
Blogger The Library Lady said...

She's looking for publicity. That's all she cares about.
I am overdue to rant about this one!

9:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home