Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow

I found this gem of information while I was randomly surfing the net while avoiding homework.

"Based on National Weather Service records for 1961 through 1990, Rochester, New York averages 94 inches of snow annually and is the snowiest large city in the United States."
Then I looked up the snow facts for my hometown:

"Average snowfall for *********, Michigan is 144.1 inches."

Then, just because I like to waste time, I looked up the snow facts for where I'm currently living, 3 hours east of my hometown:

"Average snowfall for ***** *** *****, Michigan is 117.4 inches."

I've decided to move somewhere that has less than 100 inches of snow a year. Over 100 inches of snow is just ridiculous! Oh, and apparently living in a small city-(20,000 people in my hometown and roughly 16,000 where I live currently)-means that your snowfall amount doesn't matter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Girl - we NEVER have snow - NEVER! Come on down anytime!

Of course we'll probably have snow here in a couple of weeks, now that I've announced that!

4:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home