Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Alien

Warning!!!! There's an alien us, and her name is Goober. It's like I don't even know her anymore. Last summer, when she didn't get her way, she would pout for 5 minutes and get over it. She'd go on playing like nothing happened. Now, she pouts, mopes around, refuses to talk to me, and is just all around miserable for up to 2 hours after she hasn't gotten her way.

To be completely honest with you, it's really starting to piss me off. I dread getting up every day and going to work because I just don't want to deal with it anymore. She has never gotten away with things when she's with me. I've never put up with her attitude. All of the sudden, none of that is working.

I really don't know what to do anymore. I'm frustrated and stressed. For the record, I have talked to her mom about it. Her mom is dealing with the same thing day in and day out. We're both at a loss.

I feel like all day, for the last 2 weeks, all I do is deal with attitude and deal out consequence after consequence. Like I said, nothing is working. I just want to scream.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

There's a breakdown somewhere, and it is possibly with Mom. Sounds like the discipline strategy there might be a tad "looser" -- this happens a lot in our house because Dad is a pushover!

Any more t-ball this week? That should be interesting.

3:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, sounds like some possible manipulatin' going on. Woe to whoever has to deal with her when she's a teen!

8:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home