Thursday, August 13, 2009

It.Has.To.Get.Better

Right? After the sudden and unexpected death of my friend, more crap at work, and being physically sick, things started to head towards the better. Wednesday was awesome. I worked 10 hours and while it was a long day, I was actually complimented-(for the first time there)-on how well I ran the classroom that day. The lead teacher was out 'sick.' I was on cloud nine. Got to the end of the day, got in my car, got home, and listened to my phone messages. Cloud nine was no longer. I was now free falling. 3 messages.

Message 1: Grandma had a stroke.

Message 2: Grandma is brain dead.

Message 3: Grandma has died.

More tears, more lack of sleep, more emotional pain.

Message 4 came this evening. The toxicology report came back-(as is standard fare at the hospital she was at).

Message 4: She overdosed--big time.

So I'm now at the point of "It has to get better." Not because it can't get worse, it can. It can get much much worse. But because I don't know how much more I can take without a reprieve from tears, sleep deprivation, and pain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Oh, Jen.

I am so, so very sorry. So sorry.

12:11 AM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Omigosh, Jen. I truly hope it does get better for you. So sorry.

11:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home