Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lots of Changes

Since I last posted, things have changed drastically at work. My co-lead up and quit 2 weeks ago, no warning, no 2 weeks notice, just up and quit. I was immediately the sole lead teacher in the room now. I've got 3 kids coming back from being home all summer, 3 new kids starting in the next week, a different assistant teacher each day--3 of which have never worked in the room before, and a list of things to do that gets longer by the day.

My co-lead who quit left quite a mess for me. Paper work from months ago that needs to be caught up, files that need to be labeled and organized, lesson plans that were due 2 weeks before she quit--but she never turned them in despite telling me "don't worry about it." And about a million other things to do in the next week before we officially start our school program up.

To say I'm stressed would be an understatement. All of these things on my list need to be done NOW or should've been done weeks ago.

Just an update to let you all know that I haven't forgotten about the blog, I've just been super busy lately. More regular posting will come when things settle down a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Stressed is probably the mildest word I would use for this! Can we think of it as a sign? Maybe now they'll realize what an asset you are to their program????

11:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home