Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm Awesome!

It's 8am and I've already been up for 3 hours. Needless to say I'm a bit tired, because I usually don't roll out of bed until 8:45am. Anyways, this is the story of my day so far:

I woke up at 5, got ready, waited for the man to get home from work at 5:35, and then ran out the door to get to work by 5:45. I got to work and all of the lights in the house were off, I figured that my boss was in the upstairs bathroom getting ready so I let myself in with my key and let the dog out in the yard. I turned on some lights and laid down on the couch to study for a bit. Around 6am, I heard the pitter patter of C's little feet coming down the stairs. She hopped onto the couch with me and I asked her if her mom was in the shower. She told me no, mom was gone and that's why I was there. Uh-Oh.....

Now, I know the mom would NEVER leave her daughter home alone. Then it dawned on me, mom wasn't even up yet. She was supposed to leave at 5:50am. I figured she was just running late and hadn't made it downstairs yet. Well she was running late, but it was because she was still sleeping. So I sent C upstairs to wake up her mom, and I headed to the kitchen to start the coffee-(which C's mom always drinks in the morning), feed the dog, make C's lunch, and figure out something for C's breakfast. C came back downstairs and I bundled her up on the couch with a blanket and some good ol' PBS cartoons.

Fast forward about 20 minutes, the coffee is ready, C's lunch and snack are made, her back pack is packed, I've got breakfast planned, I put out an outfit for C to wear to school, and the dog is fed and was let out to use the bathroom. Mom comes flying down the stairs, takes one look at everything I've done, and tells me I'm the best babysitter she's ever had and that she never wants me to leave!

Needless to say, my ego has been inflated today :) So I guess getting up before the sun DOES have it perks! But, that being said, I'm going to go crawl into bed for an hour or so until I have class. Only 2 classes left before Thanksgiving break!!!!

Have a GREAT day everybody!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home