Saturday, November 11, 2006

Lay Off the Caffiene...

That's what my Dr. told me on Thursday. We all know that I'm addicted to caffiene....not as badly as my boyfriend....but about mid-afternoon I have to have some caffiene or else I crash and burn, and get really really crabby, if I don't have it. It doesn't matter what it is; coffee, redbull, pop, whatever...as long as it has caffiene in it I'm good to go for about 6 more hours after I've had it.

But alas, my Dr. informed me that caffiene causes tissue to swell and that it might have something to do with the shoulder/armpit/breast pain I've been experiencing. She has a point, when I don't drink any caffiene, there's no pain. When I do drink caffiene, there is pain. So it's a valid observation on her part, but come on! Why in the world did I have to be told this news THIS week. The week when I'm having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. The dreams are horrendous, I'm emotional drained, and I'm still not over what happened on Tuesday. If I could, I would lay in bed all day and just stay there. But I can't, I have responsibilities to take care of. I have to work because we need the money, I have to study for the exams that my professors graciously put off until next week so that I had time to mourn and focus again.

So, lay off the caffiene...it's going to be hard, no doubt. I figure if I can cut it back to one pop a day I'll be doing good, not great..but good. Now, go figure that I drank a Dr. Pepper with lunch today and am now sucking down about 20 oz. of Faygo Diet Cola in an effort to stay awake until Midnight-Thirty when I get off of work. So, as Garfield would say, my new caffiene lacking diet will begin "tomorrow--whenever tomorrow is!

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Wow, really? I noticed my intake of caffeine up and I have had some muscular pain in my breasts/chest area/underarms. I thought I was just needing a new bra, but now that you mention it, I didn't have a Diet Coke today and they feel much better.

I guess I'll kiss the caffeine habit goodbye, too, because sore boobs are NOT fun!

10:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home