Friday, February 16, 2007

A Day Off????

So I found out on Wednesday that I didn't have to work today. SCORE!!!! I was completely psyched about having a day off to do, well, whatever I wanted. Granted I am working at 10pm tonight but hey, that's not till 10pm!!!! So I woke up this morning all excited about not having to do anything. I should learn not to get excited, because it just makes reality that much harder to take.

On my way to have breakfast with a friend I checked my phone, and saw that my boss called me early this morning. I debated about just deleting the message and pretending I never got it, but my conscious told me otherwise. So I listened to the message. Turns out I do have to work today, at 2:30. My mood changed instantly.

Now it's not that I don't love my job(s), I do. But I rarely ever get a day to myself, a day to do whatever I want, a day to not have any obligations and have to keep track of the time so that I'm not late for anything. So to find out that I have to work at the last minute just sucks. It's 12:30 now, so I have 2 hours to get my happy face on and not be a depressing nanny.

Okay, I'm done now. Have a great day :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

I am wiggling my nose...is it helping you get a day off? I thought it might...my kids think it works to make their rooms clean and their teeth brushed and their clothes on and the table set and dinner made...don't tell them it doesn't really work! :) Sorry you ended up having to work! Sending prayers and hugs your way!

8:42 PM

 
Blogger Judy said...

Oh man...thank goodness you have such a cute little guy to watch and life your spirits a bit, right? My one day off a week is spent shuffling my own kids to various activities...oh so much fun!

11:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home