Friday, April 06, 2007

Summer Activities

So I've made a list of possible summer activities for me and the 5 year old girl to do....what do you think?

Cooking
1. Make Fortune Cookies
2. Make Bread from Scratch
3. Make Applesauce
4. Make Soft Pretzels
5. Make Strawberry Jam
6. Make Ice Cream
7. Make Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice

Outdoor Activities
1. Bubbles
2. Nature Scavenger Hunt
3. Visit a local museum
4. Visit Historical Landmarks
5. Camera Day
6. Visit the waterfalls
7. Science experiment day
8. Nature Collage
9. Kite Flying
10. Go Fishing
11. Design a T-shirt
12. Paper Airplane Competition

Indoor Activities
1. Cloud Dough
2. LadyBug Paperweights
3. Make Goop
4. Leaf Creature Stories
5. Paint Rocks
6. Capillary Action
7. Learn About Another Country
8. Cloud in a Jar
9. Color Scopes

In addition to all of this, I am going to see if I can get her into the summer reading program at the local library. I tried last summer but it didn't pan out because they only offer 1 program per age group and the time wasn't convenient.

Wish me luck!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Did you get a chance to check out Katie's site - www.katiefleck.com?

She did the 50 days of summer last year - the link is www.katiefleck.com/50daysofsummer.html. You have a lot of the same activities, but you might find inspiration for a few more if you haven't checked it out!

I'm doing my own 50 days this summer...I may have to "borrow" a few of these! HAHA

9:50 AM

 
Blogger Bone said...

Get him a big cardboard box, like a refrigerator box or something. I used to play in those, for a couple of hours, at least.

2:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home