Saturday, February 17, 2007

Stupid Things to Say to a Preschool Teacher

Stupid Thing #1: With the cost of tuition at this Center you must get paid a lot!
Sarcastic Response: Yeah, $6.00 an hour is GREAT.

Stupid Thing #2: I would love to have a job where I didn't have to work.
Sarcastic Response: I would love it too.

Stupid Thing #3: You look tired.
Sarcastic Response: DUH!

Stupid Thing #4: So when are you having your own children?
Sarcastic Response: I decided not to after working with yours.

Stupid Thing #5: So what do you DO all day?
Sarcastic Response: Ever spent a whole day with your child? Multiply that by 20.

Stupid Thing #6: Do you babysit outside of work?
Sarcastic Response: Hell no.

Stupid Thing #7: Anything interesting happen today?
Sarcastic Response: What do you think?

Stupid Thing #8: What do you do on your days off?
Sarcastic Response: Hide from children.

Stupid Thing #9: Can I send in hard candy for Halloween?
Sarcastic Response: Sure! I always wanted to see how much I remembered from CPR training.

Stupid Thing #10: She has a fever of 102. Can she still come today?
Sarcastic Response: What do I look like, a hospital?

4 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

It does floor me what people will say to me in my pre-k class. I love it when the parent comes up and says, "Little Johnny might be a bit groggy today - I gave him some Tylenol for his temperature and he's on about three different decongestants and expectorants. But, he should be fine today." Um WHY is that child in school???

4:35 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

Reminds me of the warning labels on things, such as remove plastic before feeding to child. Because OBVIOUSLY someone named "IDIOT" has tried to feed a child the plastic...*sigh*...we are surrounded by idiots...everyone should be like us. By the way, men are BIGGER babies than women, this week has stunk with the hubby home with gall bladder...he is GRUMPY and I am ready for him to go back to work and I have to do this for another week and a half! :) Ha!

4:57 PM

 
Blogger The Library Lady said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:35 PM

 
Blogger The Library Lady said...

(Sorry, this "improved" Blogger messed up my post. Here's what it SHOULD say)

People often think that librarians just sit at desks and stamp books. When they find out not only do you have to go to college, but have to have a MASTER'S degree to be a librarian they're shocked!

If I could have afforded it, I'd have paid my daughters' caregivers and preschool teachers 10x what they made. Because people who take good loving care of children are worth their weight in gold!!!

6:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home