Friday, February 08, 2008

Another Chapter

For the book.

That job this summer, in Milwaukee, that I signed a contract for over my Christmas break. The contract that they INSISTED I sign in December. The one that they INSISTED I come to Milwaukee to sign, instead of sending it to me. The contract that we went back and forth over for 4 months to get it right so everybody was semi-happy. The contract that they said needed to be signed ASAP so they would know I wasn't going to back out of the deal.

Well, that contract is crap. The job is no more. How did I find this out, you may ask? Well...it wasn't by phone, no, that would be to respectful and mature. It was by e-mail. Yeah, you read that right. I was fired by E-MAIL!

So this week has been a mess of trying to find somewhere to live for 3 months, trying to find a job for this summer, and trying not to call the self-centered parents who sent me the e-mail to chew them out for their lack of respect and integrity. Oh yeah, and their lack of telling me WHY I no longer have a job.

Yeah, I'm ticked. I hate it when my best laid plans go to crap through no fault of my own. I guess I should be glad that this didn't happen on a Monday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

The absolute least they can do is give you an explanation. Whether it is a relative that has stepped up or a change in jobs or whatever, they at least deserve to let you know the reason, especially after you already started rearranging your life for them.

2:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home