Friday, April 04, 2008

Unreliable

Today was one of those days. One of those days where you just want to scream and rip out your hair. In fact, I think I did rip out a few pieces while twirling my hair and getting frustrated. Ironically, this hair ripping wasn't due to kids. Nope, no kids in sight today. Haven't seen a kid since Tuesday actually. This hair ripping was due to college students. Specifically, unreliable college students.

I arrived on campus today with 2 laptops, mucho paperwork, pens, pencils, my lunch, snacks, pop, the whole shabang! I was all set up by noon, ready and waiting for my participants. 12:30 my first participant walked in. YES! The day was starting out well. He finished in 45 minutes and left. So I sat around and waiting for my next set of participants to arrive. And I waited, and waited, and waited.

12 no shows. TWELVE!!! 6 hrs. of sitting in a room, by myself, wondering, waiting, getting frustrated and yes, pulling out my hair. My very last participant, scheduled for 4:30, showed up at 5:30--while I was talking to my advisor and letting him know that I was going home for the day. So I ended up running 2 participants out of 14 today.

Some people just frustrate me. It would be different if the 12 no shows e-mailed me to let me know they wouldn't be there. But no, not a single flippin e-mail. Stupid college students.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Yikes...that's a horrible turnout ratio! Are you going to be able to recoup any of that time or data?

11:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home