Monday, June 23, 2008

Reality Check

A friend called me today while I was at work. I don't usually answer my cell phone while I'm at work, unless it's Goober's mom or Aunt. But I hadn't talked to this friend in about 6 months so I took the call. She asked what I was doing, I told her I was working, she asked if it was a long day, I said yes, 12 hrs. Her response? "Oh that's only 1/2 a day, that's not bad." Okay, she worked an 8-5 job 5 days a week, has every weekend off, and shows up at 7:55am and leaves at 5pm on the dot. Anyways, it got me thinking. Maybe 12 hr. days don't seem long to other people either. So here's a little reality check for 'those' people:

I have been awake since 6:30am. I have had 3 hours of AWAKE time today where I have no been working.

So....3 hours a day where I am awake and NOT working. So yes, I will continue to consider 12 hr. days long. Maybe I should've asked her what a 'long' day is to her. Or maybe I'll just call her tomorrow during my 15 hr. day where I will have 1.5 hours of non-working awake time.

And yes, I am a little jealous of her 8-5 job.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Um, I'm with you - 12 hours on ANY job is long, and throw in a child - your own or someone else's and it is a marathon!

8:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No argument from me! 12 hours counts as a LOOOOOONG day.

10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home