Wednesday, September 03, 2008

DMV, How I Hate Thee

I was at the DMV 3 times today. 1st time I was told I needed a bank statement with to prove I was a citizen. So I went to the bank, and had a print out of my account complete with bank stamp and signature on it. Back to the DMV I went for the 2nd time.

Was told I needed my passport AND birth certificate. So back home I went to get my birth certificate, since I just had my passport with me. Then I headed back to the DMV for the 3rd time.

So the 3rd time I went to the DMV I had my social security card, Michigan driver's license, passport, birth certificate, bank statement, AND official change of address confirmation from the post office.

Know what they said?

I need to have lived here for 30 days before I can apply for a driver's license. Now, why didn't they just tell me that in the first place????

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

What in the WORLD? What a mess - they should have told you all that right from the get-go.

9:14 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Wait... what? I assume you don't have a driver's license from the state you moved from?? That sure seems like an awful lot of hoops to jump through just to get a driver's license, but then again, it is the DMV.

11:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home