Saturday, November 15, 2008

Follow

I have a decision to make. My head is thinking logically and telling me what is the safe and smart decision to make. My heart is pulling me in a different direction and telling me what is the daring and scary decision to make.

Times like these I struggle. I struggle to make the decision, often times waiting until I can't wait any longer. I tend to go with the safe and smart decision when push comes to shove.

Additionally, I struggle to trust God at times like these. I struggle to follow the path he prefers that I take. I struggle to not fight against Him, thinking I know better.

I struggle once I have made the decision. Wondering if it is the right one, wondering if it's what God wanted, wondering if maybe satan lead the way, wondering if I made a mistake.

If only I had a yellow brick road.

4 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I wish I had an answer for you. Whatever the decision is, make sure you stick with it and don't fall into the "what if" trap.

6:31 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

I'm not sure if this is helpful or not...but my brother went to Germany for 6 months...he had a timeline...and he STILL wanted to come home the ENTIRE 1st month. Hated it. He was lonely and missed all of us and just couldn't get adjusted. He ended up staying and had the TIME OF HIS LIFE.

I will be down there in January and I know I am not family...but I would love to meet up...or we could try to meet up before January, I'm only 3 hours away!

Not sure if this helps and not trying to make you do something you are convinced you don't want to do...but sending you prayer and love and hugs!

8:08 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

A wise person once told me, "If life were predictable, why do it?" I just go with that.

5:48 PM

 
Blogger ~ Lindy ~ said...

Decisions are tough, for sure. Be assured that God will never lead you to do something that will not also edify Himself and be the BEST for you. Remember that He sees the BIG picture....we only see a tiny glimpse! Satan tries to lead you toward destruction or evil...of course, he deceives and masqurades also, so be careful. Try reading Proverbs....the book of wisdom...to help with your decision....and don't forget to PRAY! :) Best to you in whatever you chose. God is always there to REDEEM whatever the situation is!

7:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home