Sunday, August 30, 2009

Meetings, Lack of Sleep, & The List

We made some progress on "The List" today. By we I mean myself and my assistant/co-lead. She isn't technically a co-lead because she doesn't have the credentials yet, but she's acting as a co-lead and doing co-lead things by her choice. Anywho, back to the point. We made some progress on our list today. A 4 hour meeting this afternoon did the trick. We're about 1/2 way through it. The other 1/2 of the list contains stuff that needs to be done while we're at work. That 1/2 of the list is going to be tough. We have limited time while the kids are asleep to get the stuff done--and that's only after we've both taken lunch breaks-(mandatory)-and cleaned.

I'm severely lacking in the sleep department this week. I've gotten no more than 5 hours of sleep a night and fueled myself through the day with coffee & Diet Coke. Tonight I'll get an earth shattering 6 hours.

Nonetheless, we're plowing through slowly but surely. Of course the boss and the director want everything done NOW, but it's just not going to happen and quite honestly, they can deal with it or do it themselves. They seem to think everything should run just as smoothly as before when there's been a massive change like this. Sorry, that's not how the world works.

I've got another meeting--a mandatory work related meeting--on Wednesday night. I've heard that it could go for as short as an hour, or as long as 3 hours. If it's 3 hours, which it very well could be because we have a LOT to go over, that means I'll be out of the house from 7am-9:30pm with one 30 minute break. Then I have to be up at 6am the following morning to be at work by 7 or 7:30.

So basically this week looks like another meetings, lack of sleep, and list working week. How far away is Thanksgiving?

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

My favorite part of a contract is the line that says, "and other duties as assigned". That's code for "we're going to heap a bunch of other crap on you and there's not a thing you can do about it, ha."

In the long run, the time and effort you and your new partner are devoting to getting things right will pay off. Keep looking towards the light!

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Sounds like your making progress, getting organized. 4-hour meeting, wow!

I hope this assistant turns out to be better than the last! Thanks for the update.

11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home