Sunday, December 10, 2006

Show Me The Money!!!

No, not the game show. The real stuff, the green stuff, the stuff that pays the bills. And that my friend, is the purpose of this post. We are once again facing the 'pay the bills or buy food' dilemma here. Pardon my non-politically correct statement but, THIS SUCKS!

The worst part is that we would qualify for public assistance.....not in any major way, and we're not trying to drain the system but a little assistance with food would be nice. And, like I said a few sentences ago, we WOULD qualify, IF I hadn't been claimed on my parents' taxes last year. Granted yes, they do pay for my tuition, but there's loans for that! I mean, I would rather have loans than not have food.

When does it end? I mean really, are we going to be scrounging for food for the rest of our lives, or does it get better? Please, somebody tell me it gets better!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

It does get better, eventually. I cannot tell you how many meals I made off of Ramen soup - dry or cooked. TONS of meals. Now, at 37, I'm in coupon-mode, which is a couple of notches up from Level Ramen, but not by much.

What is your degree in? I majored in Elementary Education, back when that actually was a degree (at my alma mater, it is child development studies now). I will never forget my first teaching assignment in Houston. I got that first paycheck and thought I had just struck it RICH. It was an awesome feeling.

3:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home