Friday, April 13, 2007

What the Children Have Taught Me

The children have taught me that leaves are not for raking & putting in bags for the city to pick up, they are for jumping in, playing with, and making leaf people books.

The children have taught me that every season is special, and no season deserves to be disliked.

The children have taught me that taking is a walk is not about getting from point A to B, it is about enjoying the scenery, learning about nature, and collecting things.

The children have taught me that the floor really is the best place to play.

The children have taught me that cooking is not just about the end product, it's about the process.

The children have taught me that imagination is not something that can be turned off, it is on all the time and it should be used whenever possible.

The children have taught me that break dancing is still "cool."

The children have taught me that clothes are not for keeping clean, they are for getting dirty.

The children have taught me that going with the flow is sometimes the best way.

The children have taught me that patience really is a virtue.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Madeline Pierce said...

Great list! It's true, you just have to let go of those silly grown up things like cleanliness.

Also, about your last post, I just wanted to say, from what I have read, I think you should think about eventually opening your own pre-school. You could continue your education with that goal, maybe get degrees in curricula and business. See, this way, you can go to school until you want to have kids, then stay at home with your kids while they are little, and when they go off to school, you start your own preschool. This way you get to do what you love professionally and family-wise.

As for waiting around for the boyfriend to finish his degree, maybe that would be a good time to get some full-time job in another field, just to try out something else and make sure early childhood education is your true passion. Then go to grad school. Just a thought!

11:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home