Sunday, October 28, 2007

Reading

In between reading college textbooks for class, I've found time to read some other stuff. Here's my reviews for your reading pleasure:

A Cup of Comfort for Teachers

A compilation of many small stories from teachers, former teachers, students, etc. I had high expectations for this book. I can honestly say that the book didn't meet a single one of those expectations. The stories left a lot to be desired. I felt like the authors had a lot more to say but couldn't due to a probable word count maximum. Can't say I'd really recommend this book.

The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle-by Hugh Lofting

An oldie but goodie. Everytime I read this book I LOVE LOVE LOVE it even more. I absolutely adore the writing style and Dab Dab is definately my favorite character. It's a book that will be on my bookshelves until I die. My kids will be required to read it. It's a classic, and for good reason.

Personal Finance for Dummies-by Eric Tyson, MBA

Good book if you wanna learn more about personal finance. I'm highly interested in investing and creating a nice comfy cushion for when money is tight. Definately a book in laymens terms that pretty much anybody can understand. I highly recommend this book to anyone curious about personal finance, or in the need for getting your personal finances in order.

The Total Money Makeover-by Dave Ramsey

Another personal finance book. This one was given to me curtousy of my parents. While reading this book, I didn't quite enjoy Mr. Ramsey's in your face attitude. He writes as though everybody is an idiot and only he has the key to financial freedom. He puts down other personal finance books regularly and basically thinks he's the answer to everything money related. I didn't really enjoy this book.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Hey girl! ;) I just wanted to let you know, Dave Ramsey is really a great guy! He has a radio show in Nashville that I listen to a lot and I know it is not fun stuff for me to hear (we have so much debt) but it is great information. One of my friends told me Dave Ramsey is great with the mechanics of it, and Crown Ministries has the other half you need. Just wanted to share ;0) Hugs!
Tamara

8:34 PM

 
Blogger Judy said...

We have Total Money Makeover...we've had it about 2 years now and are about 2/3 of the way through it. I think the key is just just read it a bit at a time...we're doing really well, and much of what Dave has said has helped us tremendously. Yeah, he's kind of cheeky, but we've learned to just roll with it.

9:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home