Monday, February 18, 2008

The Plow Saga

So this morning, at crazy-early am, the guy who plows the driveway came. The bright and early phone call from my landlord set my phone a ringing to that catchy Mozart tune. I groaned. Down the stairs I went. Into the winter wonder land. Trudged through calf deep snow to my car, forced the door open, and grabbed my snow wiper thingie out of my car. Wipe off my car while ploy guy plows the end of my driveway so I can get out. I jump into the freezing cold car and back onto the street. Amazingly I didn't get stuck. YAY for plow guy. Then comes the fun part.

MY ROAD WAS NOT PLOWED!!!!!!!

I got stuck 4 times on the road, not my driveway, but the ROAD. I live on a city street, not out in the boonies somewhere. On a city street. Apparently the city plows don't like plowing dead end streets. At least that's my theory. Yes, I know there are other roads to be plowed. But they started plowing in my area around 10pm last night. I figured by 7am they'd have plowed my road at least once. But no, no plow, just lots of snow drifts and fun times convinving my car that it could get through them. It didn't want to, it almost quit on me. Just gave up. Wimpy car I tell ya.

I guess all I can say is, Happy Monday people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

See? This is all just totally foreign to me. We had our chilly weather this morning of 43 degrees - we're up to 62 right now and are anticipating the 80's later on this week.

3:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home