Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Stretched too Thin

About 1/2 way through each semester I feel like I'm stretched too thin. Maybe it's cause I take on too much, or maybe I just don't have a good way to relax. Either day, I'm hitting that "stretched" point a bit early this semester. The run down of my life:

Work: 2 official babysitting jobs, and many unofficial babysitting jobs.

Official Job 1: 20.5 hours a week with a 6 year old. The general schedule is pick her up from school, take her home, give her a snack, take the dog for a walk, practice her spelling words, do a math worksheet, play, feed her dinner, give her a bath, give her a snack, then mom gets home.

Official Job 2: 4 hours a week with a 10 month old. Pretty easy schedule with her. Nap, food, play.

Unofficial jobs: 3 year old, 5 year old, 3 month old, 8 year old, 6 year old, and 2 year old.

School: I spend 8 hrs a week in actual class. 8 hrs a week outside of class for Senior Research, and roughly 4 hrs. a week on other homework. Total = 20 hrs a week.

Chauffer: A lady who lives around the corner from me has 2 boys who go to the same school as my Charge. I give her a ride up to the school each day because her van is broken and it's too far to walk.

Painting: I'm painting a picture for my friend's birthday in May.

Cross-stitching: I'm cross-stitching a hanging for my mom's birthday in 2 weeks.

Laundry: I spend about 3 hrs. a week-(and $15) at the laundromat doing my laundry.

Cleaning: I try to pick up every day and spend about 4 hrs. on Sunday thoroughly cleaning my house.

Shopping: I hate doing this. Which is why I only spend about 1.5 hrs a week shopping for food and necessities.

Other: Bills, talking to people, e-mailing, chatting, just general everyday stuff.

Now that I look at it, it doesn't seem like too much. I just feel overwhelmed and stressed out all the time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Jen, it is so easy to feel this way. And if you are like me, it is difficult to impossible to find a place to cut back. (((HUGS))) It looks like a couple of these are short-term...look at it that way!

7:10 AM

 
Blogger The Library Lady said...

Jen, just looking at your schedule makes me tired--and you know that MY schedule's a trifle full :)

10:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home