Saturday, March 01, 2008

Heelys & Babies

Charge has wanted Heelys since school started. Turns out 2 kids in her class have them. Don't know what Heelys are? Here's a picture:


I'm completely against her getting these. So is her mom. Apparently, her dad isn't. He bought them for her. This is also the man who bought her 5 Webkinz because she "needed" them. He also let her buy $100 worth of accessories for her Webkinz because, again, she "needed" them. So now we're onto the Heely battle. I made it very clear to her, before she even got these, that she would NOT be allowed to wear them when she was with me. I feel that they are dangerous and I don't want to be the one sitting with her in the ER and calling her mom at work to tell her about the broken arm/concussion/random injury that her daughter has because I let her wear her Heelys. Charge threw a fit over this. Stomped up to her room and wouldn't talk to me for over an hour. In her words, I'm mean, don't want her to have any fun, and I'm the worstest babysitter ever. Oh yeah, she hates me to.

Now for the baby thing. I'm getting that baby fever again. No idea why. I'm working with 2 infants right now, one is 11 months old and the other is 3 1/2 months old. You think that would be enough to curb the baby fever, but no. I feel like there's a piece missing in my life by my not having kids. *sigh* I don't know what to make of this, or how to make it go away. The baby fever thing just comes on out of the blue and it is STRONG. Stronger than any other pull I've ever felt before. Stronger than the pull to work with children even. It's kind of scary, because I can't stop it, and I have no inkling of when it's going to show up. But when it does show up, it seems like it takes forever for it to go away, no matter what I do.

That's my update for Saturday. Thankfully my spring break is next week so I'm just going to be working and doing homework. Oh yeah, and going on a much needed trip to the grocery store, Wally World, doing laundry, and cleaning my house.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

We don't have Heely's...mainly because of the price, but also because of the safety issue. I told Travis he could save his money and buy a pair, but be prepared to remove the wheels as they would not be allowed about 99% of the time. He opted to buy a Nintendo DS instead (after saving for over 3 years). I think those are the worst shoes EVER.

Can't help you with the baby fever, girl. I'm 39 and get it ALL THE TIME, yet I know I would absolutely crater with exhaustion to go back through all that again. Doesn't keep me from wanting one, though.

1:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home