Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tis that Time Again

To start thinking of activities to fill up the summer. Last year was like pulling teeth trying to get Charge to do anything. This year, though I'll be with a different family, I'm not counting on it being any easier. The kid is roughly the same age as Charge is now. So, what activities interest a 6 or 7 year old? I've already talked to future Charge about what she wants to do this summer. The answer? "Not go anywhere, just sit at home and play."

So, I'm handing it over to you guys. What plans do YOU have for this summer to keep your kids occupied? And please don't tell me you're just gonna sit and home and play. I don't think I can handle that ALL summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

We get a pass to the local swimming pool and go at least twice a week. I also have Travis choose an activity for the summer - a weekly art camp, baseball camp, something. And, we do VBS at our church for a week.

8:05 PM

 
Blogger The Library Lady said...

Lots of camps for my younger daughter--our local Y does good ones and the school has a program.

For my older daughter? Hopefully the same 5 week art program at the middle school she did last year. And a week or two with each set of grandparents.

But then, I'm a working mom. I'd LOVE to "just stay home and play!"

I'd say find Charge some varied activities (library, pool, etc) away from home, but let her (?) have a big chunk of home play time that's pretty unstructured. Any kid who can get that nowadays is LUCKY!

9:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home