Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Surgery

Well the grand ol' wisdom teeth surgery is in 2 days. I didn't think I'd be nervous but well, I am. Maybe it's because I went through a major surgery just over a year ago and it was not a pleasant experience. I mean, not that surgery is supposed to be fun, but it was definately much harder than anybody told me it would be. I'm hoping that this will be the last surgery for awhile. My family gets all weirded out when I have surgery because of my heart--it does weird stuff during and after surgeries. Add to that the fact that I'm the only person in my immediate family to have ever had surgery and well, yeah--I'm like a side show act at a circus. Everybody comes over to see me, then tells me how horrible I look, then leaves because they 'can't handle it.' Anyways, I'm just rambling now.

B and I had a nice Christmas. We went down to his dad's house and stayed for a few days. We saw a bunch of old friends, and one who is in the military :) It was a lot of fun. But now we're back to our little old apartment. I worked 4 hrs today and tomorrow I'm working for 2 hrs, then heading to my dad's house because my surgery is being done where he lives. I'll be on the road for about 4 hours tomorrow. Not too long, but long enough to think about every possible thing that could go wrong on Thursday. I'm like that, I tend to think about everything that could go wrong with the surgery--and I have issues with people sticking things in my mouth anyways. Alright, I'm rambling again.

I hope everybody had a safe and happy holiday. Be safe for New Year's, I'll be laying on the couch recovering. I'll post when I get back, on the 4th. Until next time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Are they impacted?

I had all four wisdom teeth removed when I was 26. I remember sitting in the chair, asking what time it was, and then asking again and realizing an hour and a half had passed! HAHA The diet of mashed potatoes that day and the day after left much to be desired, but for the most part, it was pretty easy (minus all the swelling).

Take care - hope it all goes smoothly, and I can't wait to read all about it in 2007!!!

10:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will be praying for you! I ate a lot of scrambled eggs after wisdom teeth...don't chew, just moosh with your tongue! Will pray a lot on Thursday! Good luck kiddo!
Tam

10:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home